Sunday, March 28, 2010

Mom and Dad

Mar. 25 I went in yesterday at 7 am and had an MRI. It cost about $4000. My part is $685. I also had some xrays. The MRI is really enclosing. I don’t know how anyone much heavier than me could do it. My hands were on my belly and were touching the top of the opening. My face was about 2 inches from the top. It lasted 40 minutes with a few minute break inbetween. It was very very noisy. I wore earplugs. Anyway its done.
I went in to see Dr. Root again this morning and he went over the MRI. He said I have three herniated disks that are causing my back pain. I am scheduled to go to the hospital and get shots of cortisone in my back Friday and then start physical therapy next week. They have a machine that stretches the spine and gives the disk room to retract back into place. It’s called decompression. It’s the same machine that you see chiropractors advertise, the TRX 9000 or something like that.
I didn’t go to the temple this week as I am on medical leave until my back is better.
Mar. 27
Scott and the girls arrived last night. We were in the middle of dinner with some of our friends. The Degens are going on a mission to Nauvoo and we invited some of the friends that have been getting together for a few years, the Carlsons, and the Wilburs. We have also had the Elmers, but Lane died and Deanna and her new husband have only joined us once since then. Anyway, Janiel fixed a lovely dinner which we all enjoyed and then sat around and visited for a couple of hours.
It was good to see the Fosters again and enjoy them.
Today Scott went to Vegas to make a presentation to the shop buy convention. We took the girls to Washington to watch Olivia play soccer. Olivia played well.
Afterwards we went to Costco and got some milk and some other things. Abby and Mikell went with Trents family. We also bought pizza and they all came home to eat tonight.
After Scott got home, he told us about his experience in Vegas and then talked to us about the business.

No comments: