Saturday, September 20, 2008

Grandma Tobler's

So I used to work at Tj Maxx... bleah. I hated it. So I set out on a quest to find myself another part time job. I looked for weeks! All that time I was still stuck at Tj Maxx. Then one morning on my way to work I decided to stop at Grandma Tobler's Kitchen and Bakery. It's just right down the street, a 3 minute walk. Well... Lark Taylor, the owner, hired me on the spot. I got to quit my job that day \(-^.^-)/
Now I walk to work and I'm paid even more than what I was getting. My hours are perfect and I love my job! My favorite thing is to see customers come in and take that first whiff of the bakery air. All the customers love me since I give them cookies and cinnamon rolls and whatever else their taste buds desire. I especially love the customers who come in for the first time. I call them Grandma Tobler virgins, but I haven't told anyone that. They are all over the tiny room and pastry display. They want to try everything! It's so funny to see them darting all over.
I also get a treat a day everytime I work... that my friends is a very dangerous benefit.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that you work at Grandma Tobler's too! Especially when you bring home yummy bread!
It still freaks me out when I come home from work and your car is here, but you are not. Then I remember that you WALK to work.

Jana said...

Ok, that wasn't "Megs" who commented before, it was me. Who knew she was still signed in? Not me (obviously).

Jana said...

btw, this is totally a mercy post. Megs heard me lamenting the fact that no one posts or comments but me. So she did. Awwww, so sweet.

Jana said...

I'm thinking its kinda sad that I'm leaving 4 comments on Megs' post. I must be so desperate for comments that I'm writing them myself. Maybe I'll start commenting on my own posts too.